SP Industries is seeking Account Managers to implement sales plans and achieve assigned sales objectives. The incumbents will be responsible for growing sales, new product introductions, and account relations for our laboratory and scientific glassware and related equipment.
The incumbents will establish account plans to ensure consistent and productive sales activity. The plans will include efficient and timely coverage of targeted accounts through direct contact with end users. The Account Managers will also be responsible for tracking account progress and using a combination of field visits, phone calls, emails, and faxes to grow sales. These activities will be entered into a marketing database and synchronized on a regular basis.
As members of the sales team, the incumbents will be called upon to develop annual sales plans with monthly forecasts for their assigned accounts, while also assisting periodically in responsibilities outside their geographic boundaries.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Meet or exceed all sales targets for assigned accounts.
- Develop and maintain a territory coverage plan allowing for timely coverage of key accounts. Account activities must be entered and tracked within Goldmine.
- Organize and present a fully prepared and complete territory plan.
- Execute the territory plan in timely fashion.
- Enter all marketing activities into Goldmine and provide complete concise period reports in a timely fashion.
- Develop a working knowledge of SP Industries products.
- Develop a working knowledge of competitive products and services.
- Become proficient in all current sales, marketing, and administrative tools including computers and software.
- Coordinate Vendor Shows within the territory. Show coverage is expected to be selective and, when attended, leads developed must be tracked through Goldmine with follow-up to close them.
- Perform special projects as required.
- Maintain a good working relationship with customers, suppliers, and other SP personnel.
- Communicate SP's superior quality to the customers and emphasize our focus on continuous improvement.
- Communicate improvements, opportunities, new product ideas, competitive activities, and potential obstacles to your immediate supervisor and other members of the marketing department.
- Present a professional and dignified image in all contact and communication with SP Industries personnel and customers.
- Maintain professional integrity in all work related situations.
- Continually take steps to develop and improve personal skills and knowledge beyond what is provided or required.
- Overnight travel is required in specific territories.
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, and Certifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual should possess the minimum qualifications cited.
Education, Experience, and Work Skills
- BA or BS degree or equivalent job experience.
- A working knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office are required.
- A minimum of 3 years of outside sales experience selling consumables or equipment to Pharmaceutical, Biotech and Research Institutions is preferred.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively in english, both spoken and written.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- A driver's license and a good driving record is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee is regularly required to talk and listen.
- The employee is regularly required to use color vision and work with computerized data.
- The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and sit.
- The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 20 pounds.
- The employee is regularly required to use normal office tools, equipment and PC's.
The work environment characteristics described here are typical of those an employee might encounter while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Work is normally performed in an interior air conditioned office.