SP Industries is seeking an Industrial/Manufacturing Engineer Technician who will report directly to the Engineering and Facilities Managers. This position is responsible for executing various engineering assistant activities consistent with a high pace manufacturing environment. This includes, but is not limited to, using AutoCAD to execute shop drawings, maintaining document control (ECO/ECN process), as well as processing routings and Bills of Materials.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Use computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks.
- Process production routings and Bills of Materials.
- Create and assist with the control of equipment drawings, specifications and Bills of Materials according to SP requirements.
- Assist with generating manufacturing assembly procedures and instructional manuals.
- Participate in Kaizen events.
- Assist with conducting time studies and drive initiatives to improve work methods.
- Assist with the implementation of standard work on shared processes.
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, and Certifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual should possess the minimum qualifications cited.
Education, Experience, and Work Skills
- Associates degree in engineering or other related field plus 2-5 years engineering and manufacturing experience (scientific glass manufacturing experience a plus).
- 2 to 5 years of technical/operations experience with a focus on production.
- Some experience working in or in support of LEAN systems.
- Knowledge of specialty glass forming processes a plus (i.e., glass tooling, glass lathe operations, and precision grinding).
- Working knowledge of ASTM standards.
- Proven track record of creating, implementing or sustaining a lean operation.
- Experience in developing, implementing and improving key performance indicator metrics through strong data analysis and continuous improvement.
- Proficient with computer aided design software (e.g., AutoCAD).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee is regularly required to talk and listen.
- The employee is regularly required to use color vision and work with computerized data.
- The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and sit.
- The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 30 pounds.
- The employee is regularly required to use normal office tools, equipment and PC's.
- The employee is occasionally required to work with precision instrumentation and gaging.
The work environment characteristics described here are typical of those an employee might encounter while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Work is normally performed in both the office and the shop.
- The office environment is an interior office with air conditioning.
- The shop contains mobile equipment, machinery, and high voltages.
- The shop noise level is variable and may require hearing protection in some areas.
- The shop is heated when required but many areas are not air conditioned.
- Some shop processes use high voltage arcs or concentrated magnetic fields.
- The shop contains open flames and caustic chemicals.
If you're having issues applying through your mobile device, please click here to apply:
We're Hiring! Click here to review our careers...