SP Industries is seeking a Product Manager for the product lines within the Bel-Art portfolio of SP Scienceware. The Product Manager will drive the growth and profitability of the existing line by providing marketing activities, pricing strategies, and sales tools to the sales reps and channel partners. The Product Manager will also drive growth by identifying new products and enhancements to existing products.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Manage product life cycles including implementation of new products, active products, forecasting, sale and performance analysis, and sun-setting.
- Understand the consumer and market: Perform competitive research, usability studies, and measure and analyze customer experiences.
- Create and regularly update market analysis and product strategy documents and make them available to internal stakeholders to inform their business decisions; promote data-based decision making.
- Develop and build strong working relationships with internal organization including Engineering, Marketing, Operations, Sales and Supply Chain.
- Determine product pricing by utilizing market research data, reviewing production and sales costs, forecasting volumes and analyzing price-demand impacts.
- Provide content data for product line communications by defining product marketing objectives.
- Establish the scope and priority of activities based on business and customer impact.
- Provide product and technical support to Sales, channel partners, and end-users.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and industry trade shows, reviewing professional publications, and establishing personal networks.
- This position requires 10- 25% travel.
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, and Certifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual should possess the minimum qualifications cited.
Education, Experience, and Work Skills
- A BS degree in Life Sciences or Chemistry; MS preferred.
- Solid technical background with laboratory experience a plus.
- Proven working experience in product management.
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle.
- Ability to develop product strategies, implement tactics and effectively communicate recommendations to executive management.
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple projects
- Strong problem solving skills and a willingness to pitch in as needed.
- Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams in a matrix organization.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong financial acumen.
- A basic practical knowledge of manufacturing practices and cost estimating are required and can be learned on the job.
- Average verbal and written communications skills in the English language are a minimum.
- Any fluency in foreign languages is a plus but not a requisite.
- Able to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Able to write technical correspondence to vendors and customers.
- Able to effectively present information and respond to questions in one-on-one and small group situations to potential and current customers, channel partners, management, and other employees of the organization.
- Able to effectively respond to technical and commercial questions.
- Able to discern and apply practical applications of the disciplines of the trade are required.
- Able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Drivers license.
- State licensure or registration is not required.
- Affiliations with Engineering, Scientific, and Industry organizations is encouraged and recognized.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee is regularly required to talk and listen.
- The employee is regularly required to work with computerized data.
- The employee is regularly required to use color vision and adjust focus between near and far objects.
- The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and sit
- The employee is regularly required to use normal office tools, equipment and PC's.
The work environment characteristics described here are typical of those an employee might encounter while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Work is normally performed in both the office and the shop.
- The office environment is an interior office with air conditioning.
- The shop contains mobile equipment, ,machinery, and high voltages.
- The shop noise level is variable and may require hearing protection in some areas.
- The shop is heated when required but many areas are not air conditioned.
- Some shop processes use high voltage arcs or concentrated magnetic fields.
- Some travel to installation sites may also be necessary. These sites may involve variable noise levels and the risk of electrical shock and exposure to moving mechanical parts.