Regional Sales Manager - We're Growing!!!
Seeking candidates covering the Southeastern, Northeastern, Mid-western and West Coast regions of the United States.
The Production Equipment Sales Technical Sales Manager works closely with the Director, Technical Sales, customers, project management and engineering to prepare project proposals and quotes for SP’s production equipment business. Additionally, this position communicates regularly with the customer to ensure that project scopes are well defined and all specifications are met and explained. Hosting of customers during factory visits and Factory Assessment Testing, FAT’s is also an essential part of the role.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: The Production Regional Technical Sales Manager will report to the Director of sales and be responsible for, but not restricted to, the following duties plus any additional tasks requested by the Director of sales:
• Meets or exceeds all sales plans/targets
• Develops and maintains territory coverage plan which allows for coverage of key accounts and proper channel management
• Call and visit regularly, each company within his / her customer base and document the visit. Calling on each person within the organization involved with capital projects.
• Attend and contribute to the success of any shows or exhibitions.
• Update a database noting important contacts, specific interest per contact, projects and equipment located in each plant of His / her customers.
• Key in field technical & sales resource for aseptic filling and production lyophilizers.
• Collect information on customer needs and projects and translate them into project proposals and quotes
• Interact with engineering team at SP to develop project specifications, time frames and costs.
• Works with customer and sales channels to define needs and develop proposals and quotes.
• Teams with outside resources to review customer URS and ensure that SP quotes not only conform to user requirements but add attractive value to the customer experience. Leverage these resources to close business.
• Lead customer factory visits and FAT’s on Production systems
• Expediently prepares project proposals and quotes based on information provided by the customer, sales reps and engineering. Proposals must reflect the quality expected by SP and its customers
• Records execution of the above accurately in Customer Record Management tool.
MOTIVATES & COMMUNICATES:
• Maintains good working relationship with company members, channel partners, and customers.
• Develops superior quality image and communicates that to channel partners and customers.
• Communicates improvements, opportunities, new product ideas, competitive activities, and obstacles on an as needed basis through supervisor and/or marketing department.
PROFESSIONALISM & INTEGRITY:
• As a member of our SP Team, work to enhance a professional and dignified image in all contact and communication with SP Industries’ personnel, channel partners and customers.
• Maintain your professional integrity in all work related situations.
• Continually take steps to develop and improve personal skills and knowledge, beyond what is provided or required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
BA, BS degree and a working knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office are required. 10-15 years of sales experience selling consumables and/or equipment to Pharmaceutical, Biotech and Research Institutions through channel partners is preferred. Engineering degree and some project management experience a plus. A valid driver’s license accompanying a good driving record is required. Frequent overnight travel is required to customer sites and SP manufacturing facilities
LANGUAGE SKILLS – The ability to communicate in both oral and written format is an essential part of this position.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS - The ability to do complex mathematical problems quickly with or without the use of calculators is required.
REASONING ABILITY – The ability to understand, discuss and explain complex scientific and engineering concepts is required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS -NA
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Extensive travel is expected.
Due to the nature of the position, Work is performed in a variety of different environments
ADDITIONAL COMPENSATION - Base Package, Automobile Allowance and Incentivie Plan