Senior Marketing Manager - Freeze Drying & Aseptic Processing
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Establish enriching relationships with individual end users as well as targeted industry associations and on-line user groups to capture the voice of customer, respond to queries with clear answers and solutions, and establish brand champions within the marketplace.
- Develop mutually beneficial relationships with complementary equipment and service providers.
- Plan and execute advertising, promotion, and education strategies to increase brand recognition, communicate the value proposition, and drive sales of established and new products through print, digital, on-line, and other venues including:
- Sales literature, white papers, web content, videos, and other appropriate vehicles.
- Exhibits, presentations, and special event planning for trade shows and conferences.
- External relationships with publications, industry and professional associations, and web-based outlets which serve the target end user markets.
- Growth of educational demand working cross functionally to improve, execute, and measure ROI for Hands-on Training and Webinars.
- Work with the web team to provide timely content supporting SP brands and capabilities based on end user engagement metrics.
- Forecast, measure, analyze and report on the impact of demand creation activities on the sales pipeline and revenue. Adjust programs as required to respond to changing market conditions and emerging opportunities.
- Monitor market and technology trends to assess impact to SP and recommend courses of action.
- Support other SP brands and work cross functionally to leverage opportunities across the organization to enhance our end user value.
- Internally champion the brands by communicating successes and opportunities to the sales team as well as upper management.
- Coordinate and participate in applicable training opportunities to increase category leadership with internal and external sales partners.
- Work with the SP Scientific Marketing Team to develop budgets, prioritize initiatives, and execute programs with fiscal responsibility.
- Additional responsibilities as warranted to fulfill sales and marketing initiatives.
- Approximately 20% travel is required.
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, and Certifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual should possess the minimum qualifications cited.
Education, Experience, and Work Skills
- An advanced degree in a scientific discipline is preferred.
- Experienced in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Knowledge of freeze drying or drug production is required.
- A life sciences marketing background is preferred.
- Prior work experience in a B2B setting utilizing distribution channels is preferred.
- Experienced with utilizing web sites as a primary marketing strategy and developing end user content.
- Experience with graphic design, digital media, advertising, and development protocols for catalogs is preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with ability to present scientific products and information in a clear, concise format.
- Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously, tracking and meeting deadlines.
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office including powerpoint and excel, Adobe Acrobat, database management (Dynamic).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee is regularly required to talk and listen.
- The employee is regularly required to use color vision and work with computerized data.
- The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and sit.
- The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 20 pounds.
- The employee is regularly required to use normal office tools, equipment and PC's.
The work environment characteristics described here are typical of those an employee might encounter while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Work is normally performed in an interior air conditioned office.