The Staff Accoutant will be responsibile for assisting with the preparation of monthly internal financial statements and reporting, assisting in the month end close process, prepare and post journal entries, reconcile balance sheet accounts and provide detailed analyses and explanations of transactions. The position also supports operational analysis through devleopment and review of cost accounting data including standard costing, work-in-process review and analysis and manufacturing variance analysis. This position also supports development of budgets and forecasts for the division and will partner with multiple cross functional team members both at corporate and the respective business unit to develop and achieve operational objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs financial, general and cost accounting functions for the division in accordance with GAAP and Corporate policies
- Assists in the monthly financial closing program including journal entry preparation, various account reconciliations (including, but not limited to inventory, prepaid assets and accrued expenses), and variance analysis within prescribed timelines
- Assists the Controller in preparing the division’s monthly financial statements and reporting
- Assists in maintaining the division’s system of accounts and ensures adequate support and documentation for all company transactions.
- Ensures proper inventory valuation and maintains controls over all physical inventory including cycle counting, cost analysis and physical inventory counts
- Assists in the review and analysis of standard costs including materials, labor and overhead rates and utilizes internal and external data to establish accurate costing
- Interacts and provides support to other functional areas of the business to help achieve departmental goals
- Assist in the review of the operating results in terms of profitability and performance against plan/prior year to ensure accuracy and identify opportunities.Strong technical and analytical skill with solid financial, general and cost accounting background in a manufacturing and distribution environment. Experience with standard cost systems and integrated financial software. Ability to draw upon experience/professional skepticism to quickly identify issues and develop effective courses of action. Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Composes documents that clearly present information or a plan
- Participate in cross-functional teams working collaboratively with engineering, manufacturing, packaging, materials management, and/or planning.
- Willingness to work across all levels of an organization.
- Ability to work across cultures.
- Able to manage conflict. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- B.S. or BA in Accounting or related discipline with equivalent work experience
- 2-4+ years finance, accounting or related work experience required.
- Experience in a manufacturing/cost accounting environment required.
- Previous experience with accounting software/systems required
- Advanced financial analysis and quantitative skills
- Excellent accounting analysis and research skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools including Word and Powerpoint. Exception Excel skills required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.