Project Manager-Product Specialist - SP Scientific: Hotpack: Environmental Stability Rooms
Location: Warminster, PA
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
FLSA Status: Salaried Exempt
SP Industries is seeking a Project Manager-Product Specialist to assume responsibility for the sales and technical support of the Hotpack line of walk-in environmental stability rooms.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Interact with field sales and service forces daily, both international and domestic, to follow-up and develop leads, assist with training, monitor installation progress, and assure compliance with customer requirements.
- Obtain component pricing from vendors when required for quoting purposes.
- Provide accurate quotes and technical information, host client visits, and make field visits for pre- and post-sales follow-up.
- Develop and maintain departmental price lists.
- Compile and analyze operational, test, and research data to establish performance standards for newly designed or modified equipment or products.
- Analyze customer requests to determine if existing designs meet performance specifications.
- Prepare written communications in the form of memos, letters, spreadsheets and GANTT schedules.
- Train new distributors or SP personnel as required.
- Liaise with the customer service team to ensure sales order processing and billing is accurate and timely.
- Utilize company quoting programs, manufacturing and engineering software, and CRM system to document departmental activities.
- Evaluate engineering test results for possible application to the development of new systems or other uses.
- Identify opportunities and initiate projects for product improvement.
- Set up and supervise trade union personnel at job sites.
- Up to 25% domestic and international travel may be required.
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, and Certifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual should possess the minimum qualifications cited.
Education, Experience, and Work Skills
- Bachelor of Science degree from a four-year college or university; or five to ten year’s related experience or training in a technical, engineering, or science oriented educational program; or an equivalent combination of both education and experience.
- Two years or more of direct project engineering experience.
- Two to five years or more experience in the specification or design of vacuum, pressure vessel, refrigeration or related capital process equipment would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of the AIA billing format and process is preferred.
- Able to read Contracts and determine exposure, commitments, and risks.
- Able to read architectural drawings and scale equipment sizes.
- Experience with Computer Aided Design (CAD) software systems such as Solid Works or AutoCAD is preferred.
- Know technical drafting concepts, including orthographic and three-dimensional drafting principles.
- Have a good working knowledge of dimensioning, tolerance, and drafting symbology related to welding, process piping, structural construction and related disciplines.
- Have a working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite software package in such programs as Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, and Project.
- A basic practical knowledge of manufacturing practices and cost estimating of machinery are required as part of the function of this position and can be learned on the job.
- Average verbal and written communications skills in the English language are a minimum.
- Any fluency in foreign languages is a plus but not a requisite.
- Able to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Able to write technical correspondence to vendors and customers.
- Able to effectively present information and respond to questions in one-on-one and small group situations with managers, clients, and co-workers.
- Able to discern and apply practical applications of the disciplines of the trade.
- Able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- State licensure or registration is not required.
- Affiliation with Mechanical, Refrigeration, Vacuum, Pharmaceutical, or Heat Transfer Engineering societies or groups is encouraged and recognized.
- US Passport, or ability to obtain one
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee is regularly required to talk and listen.
- The employee is regularly required to use color vision and work with computerized data.
- The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and sit
- The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 20 pounds.
- The employee is regularly required to use normal office tools, equipment and PC's.
The work environment characteristics described here are typical of those an employee might encounter while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Work is normally performed in both the office and the shop.
- The office environment is an interior office with air conditioning.
- The shop contains mobile equipment, machinery, and high voltages.
- The shop noise level is variable and may require hearing protection in some areas.
- The shop is heated when required but many areas are not air conditioned.
- Some shop processes use high voltage arcs or concentrated magnetic fields.