The Senior Planner is Responsible for job order placement and expediting for larger projects and matters of heightened significance to company operations. Â This position is also responsible for assisting in general responsibilities in the production planning department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Job order placement and expediting
- Manage inventory stock targets for related production centers
- Autonomous decision making within approval guidelines
- Manage planning data and SKU configuration for assigned items
- Develop process and policy, in coordination with leadership
- Communication and integration with related functional areas
- Strategic planning process involvement in production and supply chain
- Consistent and predictable attendance
- Understands and complies with all company rules and regulations
- Reports unsafe conditions and practices to management
- Immediately reports injuries to management
TALENTS and/or EXPERIENCE
- 6-10+ years of planning, scheduling or related production experience.
- Ability to manage multiple orders in a fast paced operation
- Excellent proactive communication & organization skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, meet deadlines and follow through.
- Strong judgment and ability to make decisions that impact company and finances
- Total cost evaluation and analysis of supplier spend and consolidation ability.
- Ability to manage multiple conflicting tasks in a dynamic environment
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, various MRP systems and Internet use
- High degree of accuracy and detail
- Ability to effectively prioritize multiple tasks
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, and REGISTRATIONS
- A B.A or 5 -10yrs of relevant work experience
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
Work is normally performed in both a typical interior/office and production floor work environment.Â
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk and is frequently is required to stand; use both hands; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.Â
- The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.Â
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.Â
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.