Engineering & Quality Manager
The Engineering and Quality Manager is responsible for leading and coordinating engineering, maintenance and quality activities. This includes, but is not limited to, departmental budgeting, managing capital equipment initiatives, and creating and maintaining effective maintenance processes for plant operations.
The Engineering and Quality Manager is expected to work across functions especially with sales to support and sustain new business and existing customers. In addition to the day to day management of the engineering, maintenance and quality teams, the Engineering and Quality Manager will assist with strategic initiatives to drive cost savings and improve operations. The Engineering and Quality Manager will also assist in planning workflow requirements and design layouts to maximize manufacturing efficiency and improve the business quality system.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads the Manufacturing Engineering, Quality and Maintenance teams (5 direct reports).
- Plans and directs project-specific engineering and maintenance resources and/or external resources to meet operational objectives using proven project management techniques
- Interfaces with customers and the sales team on technical matters relating to new and old products
- Capable of designing tools and fixtures for glass manufacturing
- Interprets drawings, schematics and technical specifications
- Oversees the creation and control of layouts, equipment drawings, specifications and Bills of Material, according to SP requirements
- Oversees and guides the quality department
- Responsible for Internal and external ISO audits and the Quality System
- Familiar with 8D process and other problem solving technics
- Leads negotiation responsibilities for contract design work of financial/analytical issues and profit and loss implications
- Researches available technologies with the objective of improving product quality, reducing cost or increasing employee safety
- Uses computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks
- Interfaces at all levels with management, engineering associates, floor associates and customers to resolve a variety of issues
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Knowledge of specialty glass forming processes (i.e., glass tooling, glass lathe operations, and precision grinding).
- Working knowledge of ISO quality standards
- Is able to maintain a high activity level managing and prioritizing numerous projects
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to drive change in a fast-paced work environment
- Proven track record of creating, implementing and/or sustaining a lean operation
- Experience in developing, implementing and improving key performance indicator metrics through strong data analysis and continuous improvement
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or other related field plus 5-10 years engineering and manufacturing experience in the glass industry (Preferred)
- At least 3 years of management experience in a quality or engineering function
- 5 to 7 years of technical / operations experience with a focus on production and quality
- Some experience working in or in support of LEAN systems
- Demonstrated motivational and leadership skills
- Effective problem solving skills
- Effective human relations and negotiation skills
- The candidate must be able to evaluate complex situations and deal effectively with difficult issues when they arise.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear as well as to stand, walk, and sit, and in some cases lift up to 30lbs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you're having issues applying through your mobile device, please click here to apply:
We're Hiring! Click here to review our careers...