Buyer - SP Scientific
Location: Warminster, PA
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
FLSA Status: Salaried Exempt
SP Industries is seeking a Buyer to be directly responsible for ensuring raw materials and services are provided in a timely and cost-effective manner to the production floor in order to meet our customer commitments.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
- Review MRP requirements against buy reports and open purchase orders to determine required material, equipment and supplies.
- Execute purchase orders and ensure vendors fulfill their commitments to SP's schedule while minimizing on hand or idle inventory.
- Proactively manage the communication of all responsible purchasing commitments to the stakeholders within the organization.
- Identify, negotiate, and resolve conflicts with respect to material availability and schedule requirements. Manage communications and escalate when requirements cannot be met; recommend alternatives whereby the demand could be satisfied.
- Maintain purchasing item attributes, such as lead times, lot sizes, prices, et cetera.
- Liaise with engineering to ensure appropriate standards are used in material requirements.
- Create and lead tactical material plans for responsible goods and services. Act as owner for all associated physical inventories and provide input to management regarding long term material issues that could impact corporate decisions.
- Maintain a daily or weekly relationship with SP suppliers to ensure a stable and equitable partnership.
- Provide input to Strategic Sourcing Managers on vendor performance and actively participate in vendor reviews.
- Assist In The Following:
- Reviewing data to aid in determining cost savings opportunities through vendor consolidation, contract renegotiations and other procurement best practice methodologies.
- Identifying improvement opportunities in the areas of strategic sourcing, cost modeling, supplier relationship development, and total cost of ownership.
- Monitoring key spending factors and trends in order to aid in the implementation of appropriate sourcing strategies.
- Supporting savings tracking processes while participating in special projects as needed.
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, and Certifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual should possess the minimum qualifications cited.
Education, Experience, and Work Skills
- Degree in business, management, or supply chain required. Equivalent experience and a combination of acceptable education and certifications may be accepted in lieu of degree.
- Purchasing or supply chain certification desired (APICS, ISM, et cetera).
- 5 or more years of supply chain experience within an MRP environment.
- Familiar with manufacturing operations, order scheduling and purchasing procedures, MRP systems and their processes, and supply chain best practices.
- Able to exercise discretion and independent judgment with minimal supervision.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good MS Office skills (Outlook, Word & Excel).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee is regularly required to talk and listen.
- The employee is regularly required to use color vision and work with computerized data.
- The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and sit.
- The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 20 pounds.
- The employee is regularly required to use normal office tools, equipment and PC's.
The work environment characteristics described here are typical of those an employee might encounter while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Work is normally performed in both the office and the shop.
- The office environment is an interior office with air conditioning.
- The shop contains mobile equipment, machinery, and high voltages.
- The shop noise level is variable and may require hearing protection in some areas.
- The shop is heated when required but many areas are not air conditioned.
- Some shop processes use high voltage arcs or concentrated magnetic fields.
- Some shop processes create strong vibrations.
If you're having issues applying through your mobile device, please click here to apply:
We're Hiring! Click here to review our careers...