SP Industries is seeking a Regional Sales Manager, to service exisiting customers and new customers within the Southern California region to implement our strategic sales plan and achieve assigned sales objectives. The incumbent will be responsible for growing sales, new product introductions, field technical support, and account relations for our Life Sciences Equipment product line.
The Regional Sales Manager will establish an account coverage plan to ensure consistent and productive sales activity. The plan will include efficient and timely coverage of targeted accounts through direct contact and visits with end users. They will also be responsible for tracking account progress and using a combination of in field visits, phone calls and emails to grow sales. These activities will be entered into the SP CRM database and synchronized on a regular basis.
As a member of the sales team, the Regional Sales Manager will be called upon to develop an annual sales plan with weekly and monthly forecasts for their assigned accounts, while also assisting periodically in responsibilities outside their geographic boundaries.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Develop and maintain a quarterly territory plan detailing all activities planned -key account activities, new account prospects, account shows, et cetera.
- Manage the territory to ensure the achievement of monthly and annual bookings targets.
- Ensure the territory plan is executed in a timely fashion.
- Support local SP Industries marketing efforts as necessary.
- Become proficient in all current sales, marketing, and administrative tools, including computers and software.
- Enter all account activities within the SP Industries CRM database and prepare period reports in a complete and timely fashion.
- Provide formal feedback reports for business won and lost in the territory.
- Develop a working knowledge of SP Industries equipment, it competitors, and SP's competitive advantages.
- Ensure customers and prospects are continually being made aware of SP webinars, tech briefs, and training courses.
- Visit key customers and prospects on a regular basis to facilitate the building of long term relationships.
- Ensure all leads are followed up on a timely basis.
- Identify new prospects through online research, journals, magazines, et cetera.)
- Contact all customers approximately 6 months after purchase to survey their satisfaction with SP equipment, service, and their overall experience. Prepare reports for SP management from these surveys.
- Function as a field based technical resource for customers.
- Provide basic application and method development support for customers.
- Provide system set up, start-up, and training of customers for all major equipment purchased.
- Participate in major product quality reviews as a customer advocate.
- Maintain good working relationship with company members, industry partners, and customers.
- Communicate SP's superior quality to its customers and industry partners and emphasize our focus on continuous improvement.
- Communicate improvements, opportunities, new product ideas, competitive activities, and obstacles to the supervisor and other members of the marketing department.
- Present a professional and dignified image in all contact and communication with SP Industries' personnel, industry partners, and customers.
- Maintain professional integrity in all work related situations.
- Continually take steps to develop and improve personal skills and knowledge beyond what is provided or required.
- Overnight travel is required in specific territories, up to 10-20% travel.
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, and Certifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual should possess the minimum qualifications cited.
Education, Experience, and Work Skills
- BA or BS degree or equivalent job experience.
- A working knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office are required.
- A minimum of 3 years of outside sales experience selling consumables or equipment to Pharmaceutical, Biotech and Research Institutions is preferred.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively in english, both spoken and written.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- A driver's license and a good driving record is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee is regularly required to talk and listen.
- The employee is regularly required to use color vision and work with computerized data.
- The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and sit.
- The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 20 pounds.
- The employee is regularly required to use normal office tools, equipment and PC's.
The work environment characteristics described here are typical of those an employee might encounter while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Work is normally performed in an interior air conditioned office.