Buyer (Temporary) - SP Scientific
SP Industries is seeking an experienced purchasing agent to assist in procurement activities related to new product sourcing and vendor selections to meet the requirements of new regulatory and compliance parameters being implemented at SP. This is a temporary position (estimated nine-month duration) with the potential to be converted to a full-time position upon completion of the project for the right candidate.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Act as key project stakeholder for sourcing activities relating to RoHS, REACH, CMRT and F-Gas compliance.
- Proactively manage the communication of all responsible sourcing commitments to all project stakeholders.
- Identify, negotiate, and resolve conflicts with respect to material availability and order-promising integrity. Manage communication and escalation when demand cannot be met and recommend alternatives on how the requested demand could be satisfied.
- Update purchased items' attributes such as lead times, lot sizes, prices, et cetera for assigned items.
- Liaise with engineering, project management, and other supporting departments to ensure appropriate standards are used to meet all requirements.
- Create and lead tactical material plans for assigned goods and services. Act as owner for all associated physical inventories and provide input to management regarding long term material issues that could impact corporate decisions.
- Maintain daily and weekly relationship with SP suppliers to ensure a stable and equitable partnership.
- Provide input to Strategic Sourcing Managers on vendor performance and actively participate in vendor reviews
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, and Certifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual should possess the minimum qualifications cited.
Education, Experience, and Work Skills
- Degree in business, management, or supply chain required. Equivalent experience and a combination of acceptable education/certifications may be accepted in lieu of degree.
- Purchasing or supply chain certification desired (APICS, ISM, et cetera).
- 1-3 years of supply chain experience within an MRP environment.
- Familiarity with manufacturing operations, order scheduling and purchasing procedures, MRP systems and their processes, and supply chain best practices.
- Able to exercise discretion and independent judgment with minimal supervision.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have a mastery of MS Office skills (Outlook, Word & Excel).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee is regularly required to talk and listen.
- The employee is regularly required to use color vision and work with computerized data.
- The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and sit.
- The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 50 pounds.
- The employee is regularly required to use normal office tools, equipment and PC's.
The work environment characteristics described here are typical of those an employee might encounter while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Work is normally performed in both the office and the shop.
- The office environment is an interior office with air conditioning.
- The shop contains mobile equipment, machinery, and high voltages.
- The shop noise level is variable and may require hearing protection in some areas.
- The shop is heated when required but many areas are not air conditioned.
- Some shop processes use high voltage arcs or concentrated magnetic fields.
- The shop contains open flames and caustic chemicals.