SP Industries is seeking an experienced Project Manager to manage the coordination and execution of engineering development and sustaining projects for the products, devices, and services produced by SP Industries.
The Project Manager will plan, organize, and control engineering projects and insure their successful execution within scope, budget, and schedule. The incumbent will act as the liaison between Customers, Suppliers, Consultants and Contractors, Sales, Engineering, Accounting, and Operations departments. The incumbent will use their technical and industry knowledge, strong analytical skills, and excellent communication and interpersonal skills in the performance of these duties as well as in supporting SP's safety and quality programs.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Plan, organize, and control the scheduled completion of Engineering projects while ensuring they are executed in a quality manner and the end products are within scope and budget and meet the customer's needs and specifications.
- Utilize project management and planning techniques, including prioritization, scheduling, resource allocation and coordination, budget definition and control, and implementation to develop and maintain Project Management procedures, documentation, communication methods, and standards.
- Develop the appropriate project schedules, resource requirements, milestones, and budgets, and distribute the documentation as necessary.
- Monitor progress and conduct meetings as necessary to determine and update the status of projects, and take appropriate actions or notify the appropriate manager to keep the scope, budget, and schedule on track.
- Determine when progress payment milestones have been reached and notify Finance.
- Support Sales with Specification reviews, Applications assistance, Request For Quotation (RFQ) reviews and responses, and other Prospect or Customer liaison activities as required.
- Identify Out of Scope requests for equipment features or performance and determine the impact to costs and schedule; provide this information to the appropriate personnel for discussion and approval of actual changes.
- Support the Engineering Manager when directed to facilitate the timely execution of projects.
- Support and provide cooperative assistance and project coordination with all internal departments and interaction with Customers, Suppliers, Representatives, and Consultants and Contractors.
- Follow, support, and promote the company Safety and Quality programs and procedures.
- Utilize available tools effectively (i.e. computer systems and software) and recommend those that will improve the operations.
- Keep personal and departmental knowledge up to date with industry requirements and technological advancements. Recommend and apply changes to specifications, designs, and manufacturing methods where they will improve the product, service, or performance with a competitive and cost effective solution.
- Report on assignments and present progress and status reports in various formats to internal and external audiences. Provide timely advice to the Engineering Manager regarding each project's status. Develop and maintain project schedules and project notes using tools such as Microsoft Office and MS Project
- Participate in and potentially manage all or portions of New Product Development, Value Analysis, and Sustaining Engineering projects for enhanced manufacturing, productivity, reliability, safety, quality, and cost effectiveness.
- Perform other tasks at the Department, Division, or Company level as assigned by New Products Development Director or their designee.
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, and Certifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual should possess the minimum qualifications cited.
Education, Experience, and Work Skills
- A degree or higher education certificate in an Engineering related discipline.
- Must have a good grounding in engineering and be knowledgeable of mechanical, electrical, and software issues which can impact the successful completion of a project.
- Proven experience in managing projects across a multi-discipline team.
- Must be experienced in Microsoft Office applications.
- Must be fluent in English.
- Must be able to compose clear and concise reports to be read at all levels within the company or by external parties.
- Must have a good grounding in basic mathematics.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee is regularly required to talk and listen.
- The employee is regularly required to use color vision and work with computerized data.
- The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and sit.
- The employee is regularly required to use normal office tools, equipment and PC's.
The work environment characteristics described here are typical of those an employee might encounter while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Work is normally performed in both the office and the shop.
- The office environment is an interior office with air conditioning.
- The shop contains mobile equipment, machinery, and high voltages.
- The shop noise level is variable and may require hearing protection in some areas.
- The shop is heated when required but many areas are not air conditioned.
- Some shop processes use high voltage arcs or concentrated magnetic fields.
If you're having issues applying through your mobile device, please click here to apply:
We're Hiring! Click here to review our careers...