Automation Systems Engineer
SP Industries is seeking a Principal Systems Engineer with a background in designing and integrating custom automation equipment. The ideal Engineer will be able to research user requirements, provide oversight to designs, and provide technical support in the execution of project plans. This Engineer will have direct customer, sales, and R&D engineering interactions to provide innovative, robust, automation solutions.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Convert customer requirements into design features into system applications. Research and analyze data such as customer design proposals, specifications, and manuals to determine design feasibility or application.
- Must have the ability to integrate multiple mechanical, electrical, and controls sub systems into complex equipment structures which reliably meets customers' requirements. Must understand dynamics, tolerances, and variation.
- Oversee all aspects of the design, development, construction and testing processes. Explore various possible machine configurations and aid in selecting the optimum design for meeting the customer's processing objectives.
- Build and execute the necessary models to predict performance.
- Operate cross functionally in a matrix environment -customers, sales, R&D, manufacturing, et cetera. Serve as a technical resource to other departments to ensure products and systems conform to engineering design standards and customer specifications.
- Direct activities to ensure that manufacturing, construction, installation, and operational testing conform to functional specifications and customer requirements.
- Participate in design reviews with design team members and read and interpret technical materials.
- Use computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks.
- Some travel may be required.
Education, Experience, and Work Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field from a four-year college or university is required. Master’s degree is preferred
- Must have at a minimum 6 years working experience as technical contributor
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Must have excellent structured problem solving skills (Six Sigma, 8D, 7D, etc)
- Must have excellent analytical skills (DOE, dealing with variation, understand sampling, etc)
- Direct work experience designing in a regulated industry (pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device, etc) is required
- GxP (GAMP, cGMP, GLP, etc)
- Direct experience in custom automation design, development, and installation is required. Additional experience with automation equipment directly related to vials handling (washing, sterilizing, and filling) and/or design/development of controlled environment (ISO1-9) is preferred
- Aseptic operations/design experience (aseptic fill/finish, barrier technology, etc) – material handling/containment, validation, CIP/SIP, controlled/barrier isolation technology is preferred
- Familiarity with process and design validation is preferred
If you're having issues applying through your mobile device, please click here to apply:
We're Hiring! Click here to review our careers...