The Operations Analyst is a full time position, reporting directly to the VP of Operations for the SP Scienceware Business segment. This role proactively supports the SP Scienceware operational leadership team in the collection, analysis, and reporting of operational and customer experience metrics. This position will also support, coordinate and participate in cross-functional improvement initiatives that will enhance capacity, improve utilization and productivity, and positively impact the overall customer experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Create, analyze, and disseminate data and information to support daily operations and strategic initiatives.
- Create and manage daily reporting datasets as required.
- Interface with IT Department on automation projects for recurring tasks, reports, and events.
- Identifies project requirements by interviewing customers, analyzing operations, determining project scope, and documenting results.
- Develops problem solutions by describing requirements in a work-flowchart and diagram, studying system capabilities, analyzing alternative solutions, and preparing system specifications; writing programs.
- Develops project estimates by identifying phases and elements, personnel requirements, and costs.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Experience in developing, implementing and improving key performance indicator metrics through strong data analysis and continuous improvement
- Proven track record of problem solving, data generation and manipulation, and creation of presentation materials
- Exceptional communication skills
- Ability to work with management at every level
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Effective problem solving skills
- Effective human relations and negotiation skills
- Analytically minded and data-driven
- The candidate must also have a holistic overview of complex situations and deal effectively with difficult issues when they arise
- Credibility and experience to work effectively and directly with the site management team
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field preferred
- Must be able to work effectively with minimal supervision
- 3+ years’ experience in operations monitoring
- 2+ years’ in an analyst role
- Working knowledge of manufacturing systems, ERP, basic financial applications, in a production or distribution environment. Syteline ERP experience is a plus
- Microsoft SQL experience – ability to create data queries from scratch, linking in fields from multiple databases to create ad-hoc reports. Progress database experience is a plus
- Microsoft Excel – Pivot tables, Microsoft Query, and understands how to link or process through data to generate summary tables/dashboards
- Experience in a manufacturing environment – understands the basics of production, inventory, financials, bookings, shipments
If you're having issues applying through your mobile device, please click here to apply:
We're Hiring! Click here to review our careers...