SP Industries is seeking a Continuous Improvement Manager to join our Operations Team.
The Continuous Improvement Manager is responsible for leading and facilitating the deployment of Lean across various manufacturing locations. The Manager will provide subject matter expertise in leading and deploying Lean concepts, and the conversion of value streams across all business processes.
The Continuous Improvement Manager will work across all functions to lead and facilitate the development and implementation of a Lean culture and associated processes. This position has primary responsibility with shared accountability for the progress and results of the assigned SP manufacturing plants. Most importantly, this candidate must create a Lean culture that embraces change and drives continuous operational improvements.Essential Duties And Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, and Certifications:
- Support the ongoing development of an enterprise wide continuous improvement culture. Assist in efforts focused on driving employee engagement, enhancing organizational capability and developing plant based change agents.
- Provide expertise in all areas of Lean, Six Sigma, Value Stream Mapping, Quality Improvement Methods and other appropriate areas of knowledge.
- Study existing manufacturing operations and processes to identify opportunities to drive out waste and improve profitability.
- Facilitate Kaizen events using a range of Lean tools.
- Deliver relevant training and coaching, to ensure employees are appropriately educated throughout the business.
- Work with all areas of manufacturing to develop common work standards, as well as the identification and reapplication of best practices.
- Actively participate in the identification, development, and application of next generation continuous improvement processes/tools.
- Expert "hands on" knowledge of manufacturing process.
- Continuously review and improve operational productivity.
- Facilitate problem solving within departments and cross functionally.
- Prepare and submit operating reports to management to inform them of the current production status and make recommendations to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Research, evaluate, recommend and implement investments in technology, equipment or systems that will enhance operational capabilities in order to optimize production, improve efficiency and reduce conversion cost.
- Push the improvement of processes through use of Lean tools and by creating and sustaining a continuous improvement environment.
- Review manufacturing methods and develop product, process, and system strategies to meet company objectives for quality, cost, responsiveness, and growth.
- Drive Operational Excellence, Lean tools, best practices, and continuous improvement.
- Other tasks as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should possess the minimum qualifications cited.
Education, Experience, and Work SkillsPhysical Demands:
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Operations related field, or BS in Engineering, or equivalent operational experience.
- 5 to 7 years of technical / operations experience with focus on production, logistics or industrial engineering and finance.
- Previous experience in leading continuous improvement activities at value stream or site level.
- ISO 9001 expereince.
- Knowledge of Operations Management and modern manufacturing and quality methods and systems.
- Previous hands-on and practical experience in using value stream mapping and implementing TEOA tools with proven results in at least the following areas: 5S+1, Visual Factory, Standard Work, Quick Changeover and TPM preferred.
- Lean, Six Sigma, TPS, or DMAIC experience is suggested.
- Demonstrated motivational and leadership skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Effective problem solving skills.
- Effective human relations and negotiation skills.
- Have the patience, perseverance and passion to drive the Lean culture across multiple plants.
- Excellent communication, coaching and inter-personal skills at all levels from the shop floor to top management.
- Analytically minded and data-driven.
- The candidate must also have a holistic overview of complex situations and deal effectively with difficult issues when they arise.
- Credibility and experience to work effectively and directly with the site management team.
- Strong organization and project management skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee is regularly required to talk and listen.
- The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and sit
- The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 30 pounds.
- The employee is regularly required to use color vision and work with computerized data.
- The employee is regularly required to use normal office tools, equipment and PC's.
The work environment characteristics described here are typical of those an employee might encounter while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Work is normally performed in both the office and the shop, an industrial manufacturing environment.
- The office environment is an interior office with air conditioning.
- The shop environment is an air conditioned manufacturing facility.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
If you're having issues applying through your mobile device, please click here to apply:
We're Hiring! Click here to review our careers...