SP Scientific, a division of SP Industries is seeking a passionate, driven, and creative operations leader to take the Warminster, PA operations to the next level. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in Lean manufacturing, will be a team builder, and will thrive on building relationships both internally and externally. This leader must thrive on challenging the status-quo, and have a passion for designing, leading, and implementing cross-functional/multi-plant process improvements. This leader will have responsibility for leading an operations team that is designing and manufacturing Fill Finish Production Systems for the pharma, biotech, and compounding markets. This leader’s primary task will be to inspire the plant to achieve new heights through the use of strengths based management, process improvement, and Lean manufacturing techniques.
Overall responsibility will include leading an operations team comprised of manufacturing, purchasing, planning, project management, quality, production engineering, and a service and refurbishment department. The Plant Manager will lead the team in the achievement of daily production, quality, cost and delivery requirements in support of the business operating plan. The successful candidate will be expected to develop and maintain adequate staffing and capacity plans to support SP’s growing market share. This leader should be able to positively manage a skilled workforce by focusing on talent development and succession planning. Most importantly, this candidate must create a culture that embraces change and focuses on continuous operational improvements that further enhance the customer experience with SP’s products and services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for planning, budgeting, scheduling, manufacturing, purchasing, engineering, field service, and the overall customer experience for products made at the facility.
- Develop business plans, budgets, staffing plans, and forecasts, implements lean manufacturing concepts.
- Direct production and ensure cost effectiveness and consistency with safety, quality accuracy and performance standards.
- Expert "hands on" knowledge of manufacturing process.
- Manage Human Resources issues as needed.
- Continuously review and improve operational productivity.
- Facilitate problem solving within departments and cross functionally.
- Plan, organize and direct plant operations to ensure the Company's Strategic goals are met in a timely, cost effective manner that provides optimum quality, and on-time customer delivery.
- Prepare and submit operating reports to management to inform them of the current production status and make recommendations to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Promote employee engagement and talent development by: reviewing and providing timely feedback to reports regarding their performance; mentoring, developing and motivating them; developing an internal talent pool; helping resolve functional issues in order to achieve targeted performance; creating mid-term and long-term development plans for direct reports; and building transparent, cooperative, trustworthy working environment for the employees.
- Research, evaluate, recommend and implement investments in technology, equipment or systems that will enhance the plant's production capabilities in order to optimize production, improve efficiency and reduce conversion cost.
- Push the improvement of processes through use of Lean tools and by creating and sustaining a continuous improvement environment.
- Review manufacturing methods and develop product/process/ system strategies to meet company objectives for quality, cost, responsiveness and growth.
- Ensure EHS compliance by: actively searching for potential risks and mitigate them; making the necessary reports in case of incidences; and implementing corrective and preventive measures in order to ensure the occupational health and safety of employees, as well as compliance with necessary regulations.
- Gain appropriate and necessary outside resources to ensure the annual business plan and planned projects are realized.
- Drive Operational Excellence, Lean tools, best practices and continuous improvement.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Supervisory responsibility includes management of employee performance, hiring, discipline, development and recourse planning.
- Acts as a member of the management team and performs other duties as directed.
- Responsible for creating a high morale workplace with the highest ethical standards.
- Direct supervision and coordination of: Project Managers, Assembly/Fabrication/Machine shop teams, Supply Chain teams, Manufacturing/Production Managers, and Quality/Regulatory team members
- Immediately reports injuries to management
- BS in Engineering, or equivalent operational experience· Knowledge of Statistical Process Control
- Knowledge of Operations Management and modern manufacturing/quality methods/systems
- Lean, Six Sigma, TPS, or DMAIC experience is suggested· Excellent oral and written communication skills· Effective human relations and negotiation skills
- Effective problem solving skills
- Demonstrated motivational and leadership skills
- Strong organization and project management skills· Understanding of team dynamics
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.