SP Industries is seeking a passionate, driven, and creative Production Manager to take the Pocomoke, MD production team to the next level. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in manufacturing and assembly operations, continuous improvement, will be a team builder, and will thrive on building relationships both internally and externally. This leader must thrive on challenging the status-quo, and have a passion for designing, leading, and implementing cross-functional process improvements. This leader's primary task will be to inspire the production team to achieve new heights through the use of strengths based management, process improvement, and Lean techniques.
This is a full time position within the SP Operations Department reporting directly to the VP of Operations. The Production Manager will be responsible for leadership and guidance of the assembly, wire manufacturing and coating, and the bottle pack and screening operations. The Production Manager will work with the cross functional members of the organization to implement continuous improvement tools, operational metrics, standardization of work flows, demand planning of materials/labor, schedule adherence to commitments, resource allocations, shift sizing, capacity planning and performance reporting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- lead the team in the manufacturing of quality Products in accordance with work instructions and company policy to ensure a quality product is delivered on time and to specification.
- Analyzes work orders and production schedules to determine operational priorities and appropriate information to process materials, complete assemblies and test products within the lead times.
- Assigns specific work operations, setups, production tasks and/or special projects to subordinates.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining safety standards as required by law and company policy.
- Create a high morale workplace with the highest ethical standards.
- Act as a member of the supervisory team and perform other duties as required.
- Insure the appropriate level of accountability for respective processes and objectives at the lead level.
- Plan and monitor capacity optimization for all manufacturing process.
Monitor and take appropriate timely improvement actions to meet production quality and quantity objectives.
- Facilitate team leader workflow, and team members' placement to ensure the facility and company goals are successfully met or exceeded.
- Implement controls and monitor required resources to achieve established schedules.
- Conduct, lead, or implement the appropriate process audits; the audits will identify the need for the appropriate containment, corrective, and preventive actions, leading to minimizing or eliminating process deviations and non-conforming product root causes.
- Maintain adherence to company policies, safety standards, and good housekeeping practices.
- Foster an atmosphere of employee involvement and continuous improvement in all areas of responsibility.
- Review manufacturing methods and develop product/process/ system strategies to meet company objectives for quality, cost, responsiveness and growth.
- Support new manufacturing methods based on optimizing processes, new technology and continuous improvement activities.
- Utilize problem solving techniques, teamwork building strategies, process control, and continuous process improvement tools to meet or exceed the facility key operating metrics.
Oversees all production activities and personnel within the designated area of responsibility. Coach and provide technical expertise to resolve processing issues and create corrective actions with appropriate follow through plans. Implement job related training for all employees.
- Has the ability to energize and motivate people and to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to drive change in a fast-paced work environment.
- Proven track record of creating implementing and (or sustaining a lean operation.
- Has led their organizations with a high level of integrity and accountability. Experience in developing, implementing and improving key performance indicator metrics through strong data analysis and continuous improvement.
- Electro-mechanical aptitude
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- MRP/ERP and Microsoft Office
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- BA in Business or Operations related field, or BS in Engineering, or equivalent operational experience
- Knowledge of Operations Management and modern manufacturing/quality methods/systems
- Lean, Six Sigma, TPS, or DMAIC experience is suggested
- Demonstrated motivational and leadership skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Effective human relations and negotiation skills
- Strong organization and project management skills
- Minimum 2-4 years' experience in Manufacturing Operations
- Minimum 2-5 year's supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment
- Project management capability
- Understanding of team dynamics