The Marketing Communications Specialist executes strategic marketing programs and events within required timelines by working closely with all stake holders and support personnel, communicating goals and objectives, following project plans, coordinating logistics and proactively communicating information and insights.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Update and maintain company distributor portal, provide monthly notifications to sales team of distributor portal activity
- Create webcasts and other marketing materials as necessary to support distributor programs
- Monitor and respond to product reviews on distributor web sites coordinating with stakeholders
- Lead the organization, preparation and logistics of distributor sales meetings, industry trade shows, and end user events, attending as required
- Maintain physical assets and inventory of all trade show booths and supplies
- Organize and execute details of promotions, mailings and other marketing programs; Fulfill and track sample requests
- Lead social media efforts on LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and others as required
- Prepare, format and distribute product launch and change documents as well as press releases
- Maintain end user, customer and internal contact databases
- Create and execute distributor and end user communications and surveys in accordance with marketing team needs
- Gather, create, and distribute sales and marketing news to internal stakeholders digital format
- Process end user product warranty cards including reporting customer data points to Quality Management and other stakeholders
- Perform basic revisions to documents/images created with Microsoft office products or graphics software (Illustrator/InDesign)
TALENTS and/or EXPERIENCE
- 2 to 3 years prior experience as a Marketing Communications Specialist
- Strong written and oral communication skills with ability to present scientific products and information in a clear, concise format
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, tracking and meeting deadlines
- Microsoft Office including powerpoint and excel, Adobe Acrobat, and database management; knowledge of graphics software (Illustrator, InDesign) a plus
- Experience/knowledge of web copy development to maximize search engine optimization (SEO) preferred
- Prior work experience in B to B setting utilizing distribution preferred
- Four year college degree in marketing, communications, or related discipline.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
Work is normally performed in both a typical interior/office environment
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk and is frequently is required to sit; use both hands; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- Occasional travel and use of personal transportation may be required