The Production Planner will be responsible for planning and expediting orders to meet customer needs and expectations. This position is also responsible for assisting in general responsibilities in the production planning, purchasing and shipping departments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Order placement and expediting
- Communication and integration with related functional areas
- Understands and complies with all company rules and regulations
- Reports unsafe conditions and practices to management
- Immediately reports injuries to management
TALENTS and/or EXPERIENCE
- Two or more years of purchasing, planning, scheduling or related production experience.
- Ability to manage multiple orders in a fast paced operation
- Excellent proactive communication & organization skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, meet deadlines and follow through.
- Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word, Excel and Internet use skills
- High degree of accuracy and detail
- Ability to effectively prioritize multiple tasks.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
Work is normally performed in both a typical interior/office and production floor work environment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk and is frequently required to stand; use both hands; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.