The Class A Welder is responsible for performing complex, quality plastic fabrication.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Fabricate welded items with minimal supervision
- Capable of laying out materials required for cutting, drilling, welding, tools and equipment for any operations.
- Read and understand drawings, bill of materials, job order requirements.
- Use various types of Saws (table, panel, and band); Drill Press and Router.
- Provide assistance and guidance to other lower level classification welders.
- Knowledge and experience to perform complete quality inspection of products fabricated.
- Consistent and predictable attendance.
- Understands and complies with all company rules and regulations.
TALENTS and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 2 years experience as a “B” welder with 3 or more years experience with any plastic fabrication (polyethylene and polypropylene); must understand properities of plastic.
- Good math skills.
- Must be able to read and understand advanced blueprints and sketches.
- Must be able to set up tools (drills, routerbit, chamfer); pull up various programs and run CNC Router.
- Must be a team player.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, and REGISTRATIONS
- HS Diploma required
- Technical School preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
Work is normally performed in a climate controlled factory environment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk and is frequently is required to stand; use both hands; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. Heavy lifting is involved (up to 50 lbs.)
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.