Operations Manager - Thermal Division
SP Industries is seeking a passionate, driven, and creative Operations Manager to take the Thermal Product Manufacturing team and plant supply chain team to the next level. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in manufacturing, supply chain, continuous improvement, will be a team builder, and will thrive on building relationships both internally and externally. This leader must thrive on challenging the status-quo, and have a passion for designing, leading, and implementing cross-functional process improvements.
This leader's primary task will be to inspire the manufacturing and supply chain team to achieve new heights through the use of strengths based management, process improvement, and Lean techniques. This is a full time position within the SP Operations Department reporting directly to the Plant Manager, VP of Operations, or Director of Operations. The Operations Manager will be responsible for leadership and guidance of the Thermal Management business segment which is comprised of approximately 35 employees (direct and indirect) that support ~$10M in annual revenue. The Operations Manager will lead a team that specializes in the fabrication, assembly, and test of our FTS branded Thermal Products, which consist of low temperature cooling equipment for any thermal management requirement. Systems are available with contact, fluid or air cooling mediums with a wide variety of temperature ranges and heat load capacities. FTS Systems is recognized as an industry leader in low-temperature thermal management systems and offers unmatched application and implementation support, and specializes in customized system solutions. This equipment is designed to service the aerospace, semiconductor, tissue freezing, charpy, automobile testing, and medical device industries.
The role will also cover providing daily guidance to the functional and business support roles including include purchasing, planning, warehouse and logistics, quality, manufacturing engineering, and service. The Operations Manager will work with the cross functional members of the organization to implement continuous improvement tools, operational metrics, standardization of work flows, demand planning of materials/labor, schedule adherence to commitments, resource allocations, shift sizing, capacity planning and performance reporting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
ESSENTIAL TECHNICAL SKILLS
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
“Strongly preferred Experience” “Desired Experience”
* BA in Business or Operations related field, or BS in Engineering, or equivalent operational experience.
* Minimum 5 years’ experience in Manufacturing Operations with demonstrated supervisory experience.
* Mechanical Engineering or Supply Chain Management Degree
* APICS, CPIM, CSCP or 5+ years in a Supply Chain Management position
* Experience leading the manufacture and sourcing efforts for small to mid-size capital equipment product line (medical device, test and measurement equipment/instrumentation, semiconductor, etc.)
* Experience leading product migrations or plant/department consolidations
* Experience implementing Lean in high mix mechanical/electronics assembly department.
* Experience leading a machine shop
* Experience optimizing supply chains
· Vendor selection/consolidation
· Second sourcing
· Contract negotiations
* Experience managing a field service team and in-house service and parts teams
* Must have strong working knowledge of MRP/ERP planning and execution concepts
* Experience with Inventory Management/Control systems
* Experience as a Project Manager
* Structured problem solving skills
· 4D, 8D, 5 why, fish bone
· Lean, Six Sigma, TPS, DMAIC
* Experience leading teams in the design and manufacture of biopharma processing equipment
* Experience working in a regulated environment (ISO 13485 or 9001)
* Strong financial acumen
o Earned hours, mfg cost statement, conversion cost, fixed vs. variable, working capital management
ESSENTIAL PERSONALITY/LEADERSHIP SKILLS:
The personality traits/leadership skills listed below are representative of those that are required to perform this job successfully.
The employee is regularly required to talk and listen.
The work environment characteristics described here are typical of those an employee might encounter while performing the essential functions of this job.