The Materials Manager is responsible for leading all supply chain activities for the PennTech business unit, including planning, purchasing, and inventory management, and for leading a team of direct reports for the responsible areas.
- Manage and report the performance of the organization regarding production and materials in terms of operational objectives and goals of the business unit
- Develop, implement and manage supply chain processes that effectively meet both the demand and financial commitment of the operations team
- Manage the tactical purchasing team members and ensure the procurement processes are in alignment and collaboration with the global supply chain teams
- Manages the inventory, shipping, and receiving team members, and develops and executes material flow strategies to ensure customer satisfaction, while maintaining established inventory levels to support business objectives
- Responsibility for maintaining the production schedule, shop floor planning, capacities and inventory levels daily (to include Raw, WIP, Finished Goods), and communicating throughout the organization as required to ensure sufficient capacities and levels are available to manufacture scheduled product
- Create and lead tactical material plans for responsible goods and services. Acts as owner for all associated physical inventories and provides input to management regarding long term material issues that could impact corporate decisions
- Participate in the monitoring and maintenance of the performance of all reporting systems (ie: databases, PIM Boards, etc.) and proactively participates in new process development by identifying system limitations and recommending alternative actions
- BS or BA in Business Management, Operations, Materials, or Supply Chain desired. Experience coupled with continuing education may be accepted in lieu of a degree.
- 5+ years proven experience in management related area of manufacturing operations or supply chain
- Hands-on experience with manufacturing operations, order scheduling and purchasing procedures, MRP systems and their processes, and supply chain best practices
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven ability to develop and maintain relations of cooperation and communication with staff at all levels.
- APICS certification or ongoing education preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Excellent English verbal and written communication