Director of Supply Chain SP Scienceware
SP is seeking a talented and experienced Director of Supply Chain for our Scienceware division. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in Purchasing, Planning, Strategic Sourcing, and Logistics Management. This leader must thrive on challenging the status-quo, and have a passion for designing, leading, and implementing cross-functional process improvements. This leader’s primary responsibility will be to develop, deploy, and lead supply and demand planning strategies across SP. They will be responsible for all tactical and strategic sourcing, raw material planning and purchasing, supply chain production planning/scheduling, and inventory optimization. The Supply Chain Director will partner with Sales, Finance, Engineering, Manufacturing, Procurement, and Customer Service to drive processes and systems that satisfy customers, optimize production, and reduce total costs
- Leadership, development and centralization of the Supply Chain function across SP.
- Leadership of the Sales Inventory and Operations Planning process across all SP locations.
- Leadership the design and implementation of ERPs across SP.
- Leadership and support of all strategic and tactical sourcing.
- Leads Supply Chain Optimization Initiatives.
- Development and deployment of strategies and tactics for integrated materials management, procurement, strategic sourcing, tactical procurement, supplier development and program management.
- Development and deployment of strategies and tactics surrounding: demand consensus – forecasting tools, supply and demand planning, and production and inventory control plans.
- Development of Long Range Capacity Planning in which capacity requirements are determined based on various sales organizations’ collaborative plans and forecasts.
- Monthly sales and operations planning process; aligning the forecast to the business plan with a focus on new capacity requirements and inventory investments; and addresses long term capacity requirements to determinate capital investment with respect to new tools, new machines, etc.
- Development and continuous improvement of forecasting tools.
- Develops and deploys divisional production planning policies.
- Develops and monitors Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Business Dashboards.
- Monthly production schedule with attendant materials requirements planning based on the sales forecast.
- Develops and manages systems to support the production planning process with accurate and timely information.
- Develops and deploys a divisional inventory strategy/plan.
- Develops commodity strategies for key items purchased at each manufacturing location.
- Strategic and operational planning models.
- Develops risk mitigation strategies as required to protect supply for key/strategic items.
- Demand, supply and financial exceptions to meet business objectives.
- Capacity analysis and capacity plans.
- Product transfers between all facilities.
- Tactical procurement activities across all locations and looks for ways to standardize operating practices and drive efficiencies.
- Inventory management process.
- Activities between Sales, Purchasing, Manufacturing, and Distribution.
- Raw material and packaging sourcing.
- Production scheduling.
- Integration of finished goods inventories with the sales forecast.
- Budget analysis related to capacity, production and inventory planning.
- Manages logistics and relationships with 3PL’s.
- Manages company spend on a divisional basis.
- Manages “Make or Buy” decision for new or existing products, utilizing the Total Cost process in collaboration with Operations, Sourcing and Finance.
- Manages training and development initiatives for demand/supply planning staff, and has general authority for hiring decisions and performance management actions.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities or Education Needed To Do The Job:
- Bachelor’s degree in Operations, Supply Chain Management or equivalent in experience and tenure. (MBA preferred).
- Minimum of 5 years of demonstrated success in Manufacturing and Supply Chain Management.
- Expert knowledge of MRP/ERP systems, business analytics, lean manufacturing, demand forecasting software.
- Knowledge of APICS, CPIM, CSCP or certification (preferred, but not required)
- Operations experience includes working knowledge of all areas of Supply Chain including Procurement, Logistics, Vendor Management, Inventory Optimization, Supply and Demand Planning.
- Track record of success in setting up operations or supply chain organizations and processes, plant operations management, footprint rationalization, supply chain management and working capital optimization.
- Proven negotiation and contracting skills in a commercial business environment specific to achieving favorable prices and services.
- The ideal candidate will have a strong degree of financial acumen, and has shaped and driven change across multiple locations/departments; not maintained the status quo.
- Strong manufacturing cost and analytic capability with hands-on experience leading lean manufacturing initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results in a fast-paced highly-matrixed and multi-cultural working environment.
- Demonstrated ability to structure and conduct analyses to generate insight and recommendations; has a keen eye for details.
- Strong organization, planning, and tactical execution abilities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word) and experienced in using database query tools
- Excellent interpersonal and people management skills; the ability to hire, develop, support and motivate teams.
- Project Management experience that includes ensuring execution/completion of projects, key due dates, identification of opportunities and risk, and financial/non-financial metrics.
Management Position Authority:
- Authority to hire, train, and discipline, coach and mentor direct reports.
- Responsibility for direct reports (goal setting, performance, attendance, etc)
- Responsibility for supply chain processes and guidelines, and to ensure that these processes are followed.