Sales Director-Wilmad Lab Glass
Responsible for overseeing the sales department within Wilmad Lab Glass. Sets regional sales quotas, manages sales staff, and advises company about sales performance. Develops and implements strategic sales plan for glassware products to successfully achieve assigned sales objectives. Responsible for growing sales, new product introductions, channel partner development (working with the Director of Distribution), and account relations.
- At least 10 years of sales and/or marketing experience in the laboratory consumables space with specific emphasis on the life science market
- At least 5 years of demonstrated success in sales leadership and ability to work across matrix partners to align objectives and execute business plans
- Must possess strong analytical skills and ability to course correct with strong tactical/execution plans
- Must possess strong coaching/counselling skills to support performance management
- Must be self-directed; acting as a change agent and as such have results orientation, with an ability to work independently and make decisions in a dynamic environment dealing with internal and external issues
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize and manage time and multiple projects across an array of customer types
- Effective presentation skills; able to present ideas and evidence-based scientific and economic data to customers in a way that produces understanding and impact
- Willingness to travel regionally or nationally
- Successfully lead a team of regional area reps; recruitment and selection of highly qualified area reps to backfill vacancies, deliver effective training and development to enhance business acumen and coaching/counselling skill sets, and hold accountable for sales performance and performance management of their area teams.
- Oversee and monitor the area reps sales targets, resource and budget allocation and maintain ongoing reporting of progress of area rep team to the Scienceware Sr. VP of Sales
- Work across functions with SP to act as a voice for the customer. Ensure that customer requirements are understood across the organization and appropriate actions are taken to enhance the overall customer experience
- Ensure that field data is regularly updated in company CRM system and ensure overall data integrity over time by monitoring area reps CRM activity
- Work closely with Global Distribution Manager to develop a rational distribution of Wilmad products through distribution channels
- Analyze sales statistics to determine sales potential and inventory requirements and to monitor customers' preferences
- Work with Product Management to determine new product opportunities based upon field input.