The Pre-Pack Lead is responsible for overseeing the day to day operations of the packaging of any products manufactured in the Wayne, NJ plant to be stocked in either Bel-Art or Maddak facilities and to package products purchased from outside vendors for use by Bel-Art and Maddak products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Supervise and assist the two employees in the Pre-pack department
- Responsible for the quality of packaged parts finished goods; visually inspect products and record purchase order number to meet ISO standards.
- Schedule and prepare work for the Pre-pack department; dispatch report run daily.
- Handle inventory control in pre-pack; verify bill of material for accuracy for each job order.
- Entering production and WIP on a daily basis
- Ensure all work is completed in a safe, timely and efficient manner; look for ways to improve efficiencies and reduce costs.
- Process all customer returns, RGA and restock
- Consistent and predictable attendance
- Understands and complies with all company rules and regulations
- Dispose of cardboard and garbage on a daily basis
- Maintain a clean and neat work area and department
TALENTS and/or EXPERIENCE
- One or more years of working in a production environment is preferred.
- Basic computer skills utilizing Microsoft Office
- Must be detail oriented, with good organizational and communication skills
- Must be a team player
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions in English.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, and REGISTRATIONS
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
Work is normally performed in a climate controlled factory environment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk and is frequently required to stand; use both hands; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. Occasionally required to sit; stoop, kneel, or crouch. Frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.