Americas Service Operations Manager
Location: Stone Ridge, NY or Warminster, PA
SP Scientific is seeking an experienced Service Manager to lead our America’s service team located in either Stone Ridge, NY and Gardiner, NY. The Service Manager for the Americas will lead a geographically dispersed team of field service engineers, an in-house depot repair team, and an inside technical support team, and work with outside service partners across the America’s. They will have responsibility for leading both tactical and strategic initiatives, and will need a strong technical background with experience managing a regionally dispersed team in the installation, qualification, technical trouble shooting, repair, and preventative maintenance of high value capital equipment across the entire SP Scientific product portfolio.
The ideal candidate needs to have a proven track record of improving and growing a service business, have a firm understanding of what a world class service organization looks like, be intimately familiar with the processes required to deliver a best in-class service experience, and have the ability to apply those industry best practices within their department.
The America’s Service Manager will plan and direct the work of Technical Support resources, and Field Service Engineers/Depot Repair Technicians in support of resolving customer’s technical challenges, completing product repairs, and executing preventive maintenance activities. They will manage the warranty program, direct the efficient distribution of company products, supervise employees in setting up product delivery schedules, performing installations, and following up on critical shipments as required to support the customer experience.
- Manage through the use of KPIs.
- Responsible for developing staffing plans, forecasts, and coordination with planning, scheduling, purchasing, and field service to ensure all customer requirements are achieved in a cost effective and efficient manner.
- Review service trends to forecast future capacity requirements to match customer and financial requirements.
- Ensure cross-training programs align with the skillset of the internal and external teams to ensure that all employees are trained to achieve both customer and company goals.
- Facilitate problem solving within departments and cross functionally.
- Prepare and submit operating and financial reports to management to ensure there is alignment around current performance and potential gaps.
- Work closely with the Rest of World Service Leader to insure alignment of processes and metrics.
- Drive continuous improvement (kaizen) through the use of Lean tools.
- Review manufacturing methods and develop process/system strategies to meet company objectives for cost, responsiveness and growth.
- Research, evaluate, recommend and implement processes that will enhance the service team’s capabilities to provide an excellent customer experience while at the same time improving production and supply chain efficiency and reducing the overall factory conversion cost.
- Ensure all employees are treated with integrity, providing an environment for individual development to the mutual benefit of the customers, business and individual.
- Promote employee engagement and talent development by providing regular performance feedback in 1-1s, mentoring, developing and motivating.
- Develop an internal talent pool; helping resolve functional issues in order to achieve targeted performance; creating mid-term and long-term development plans for direct reports; and building transparent, cooperative, trustworthy working environment for the employees.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Has the ability to energize and motivate people and to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Always portrays a positive, can do attitude in both favorable and adverse situations.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to drive change in a fast-paced work environment.
- Leads with a high level of integrity and accountability.
- Experience in developing, implementing and improving key performance indicator metrics through strong data analysis and continuous improvement.
- Working knowledge of Capacity Planning.
- Effective problem solving skills
- Effective human relations and negotiation skills.
- Not shy in taking the lead and “getting your hands dirty”.
Qualifications / Experience
- A Bachelor's degree in a Business / Operations related field or in an engineering based discipline, MBA Preferred
- Minimum 5 years progressive manufacturing management experience, of which 3 must include managing and directing the activities of an equipment service department
- Knowledge of Operations Management and modern manufacturing/quality methods/systems
- Lean, Six Sigma, TPS, or DMAIC experience is preferred
- Experience with ERP systems, field service customer relationship management systems (CRM’s), or other customer service software packages
- ISO 9001expereince
The expectation of this role is that you are prepared to do what it takes to get the tasks completed to ensure that customer requirements are fulfilled and that the business needs are met.
They will be required to be flexible, including working in other production departments as and when management deems necessary. Up to 5%-15% travel to customers, suppliers and other SP sites should be expected.
In the course of your duties you will be required to wear safety shoes on the shop floor, and follow all Health & Safety, PPP and ESD procedures in force as per company rules.