Job Title: Production Worker Location: Trappe, PA Department: Production Prepared Date:
Reports To: Production Manager Profile Code:
FLSA Status: Hourly Approved Date:
Prepared By: Donna Doerfler Salary Grade:
The Production Worker is responsible for assembling components according to materials list; inspecting materials, products, and containers at each step of thermometer fabrication or packaging processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Operate thermometer fabrication equipment, screen printers, ink jet/UV printing
- Clean packaging containers, lines and pads boxes and assembles cartons.
- Obtain and sort products, places in cavities, assembles components according to materials list.
- Wrap protective material around product.
- Insert or pour product into containers or fill containers from spout or chute
- Pack special arrangements or selections of products
- Inspect materials, products and containers at each step of process
- Record information such as quantity, time date and obtains approval initials
- May stack separate, count, pack, wrap and weigh products
- Consistent and predictable attendance
- Understands and complies with all company rules and regulations
- Reports unsafe conditions and practices to management; immediately reports injuries to management accordingly.
- Warehouse cleanup and general tidiness of work area
TALENTS and/or EXPERIENCE
- Previous working experience in a production environment
- Able to follow written and verbal instructions
- Attention to detail with good organizational skills
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, and REGISTRATIONS
- High School diploma or equivalent
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
Work is normally performed in warehouse environment with minimal climate control.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk and is frequently required to stand, bend, stoop reach and climb stepstools; use both hands; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.