Incumbent will operate equipment that burns, scores, cuts and breaks glass tubing into specific lengths. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Cut glass tubing into specific lengths by scoring, burning and breaking the lass.
- Responsible for setting up and maintaining related fires, tools and equipment.
- Set up, and operate indent machine to meet tolerances according to specifications on various sizes of glass tubing.
- Fire polish ends of newly cut glass tubing.
- Assist with loading and unloading lehrs with glassware when needed.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
- Advise supervisor of any out of standard conditions, need for replacement or addition of tooling, materials or supplies.
- Must observe all precautions, rules and regulations related to environmental, health and safety matters (i.e., PPE, properly deposing of wastes, etc.).
- Complete all related paperwork.
- 2-5 years of glass experience
- Appropriate hand and eye coordination
- Ability to read blueprints
- Basic 5S concepts
- Prior experience working in a team oriented environment
- Proficient in math
- Ability to read and speak English
- High School diploma or GED
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics describer here are typical of those an employee might encounter while perfroming the essential functions of this job.
- The shop contains mobile equipment and machinery
- The shop is heated when required but many areas are not air conditioned