SP Scienceware: Wilmad – Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR)
Job Title: Utility Worker - NMR
Location: Vineland, NJ
Schedule: Monday – Friday (6 am – 2:30 pm)
Reports To: NMR Production Supervisor
Profile Code: MFGTW-V
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
SP Industries is seeking a Utility Worker position in the NMR (Nuclear Magnetic Resonance) department to perform various activities on glass tubes such as operating cutting, round bottoming and silk screening machines according to external customer and internal company prints and specifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Set up and operate equipment used to blow bottoms in NMR tubes
- Blow round bottoms and meet tolerances according to specifications on various sizes of NMR tubes
- Set up, operate and maintain throughput expectations on a manual tube straightening machine
- Set up and operate an automatic tube cutting machine to meet throughput expectations
- Visually inspect and gauge tolerances according to specifications
- Use a variety of measuring instruments such as calipers to ensure parts meet quality levels for size and finish
- Assist in managing the supply of replacement parts
- Observe all precautions, rules and regulations related to environmental, health and safety matters (i.e., PPE, properly deposing of wastes, etc.).
- Understand and follow Bills of Materials and process routers
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, and Certifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual should possess the minimum qualifications cited.
Education, Experience, and Work Skills
- High School Diploma or GED
- Prior experience working in a team oriented environment
- 2-5 years of glass experience
- Appropriate hand and eye coordination
- Ability to read blueprints
- Ability to read and speak English
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee is regularly required to talk and listen.
- The employee is regularly required to use color vision and adjust focus between near and far objects.
- The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and sit.
- The employee is regularly required to lift up to 30 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are typical of those an employee might encounter while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The shop contains mobile equipment and machinery.
- The shop is heated when required but many areas are not air conditioned.