The Regional Account Manager is a Home-Based (NE Region) position that will be responsible for driving revenue growth, executing the strategy, and creating demand for SP Scientific solutions in a defined territory.
The position will work closely with key customers, the Sales Director, project management and engineering to deliver on Corporate results and customer expectations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: The Regional Account Manager will report to the Director of Sales and be responsible for the following duties plus any additional tasks requested by the Director of sales:
- Meets/exceeds all sales plans/targets. Prospect for new customers and develop the installed base for new/replacement/expansion opportunities. Understand customer needs and translate needs into project proposals/quotes. Work with the engineering team to develop project specifications, time frames, costs and sale price. Ensure that our proposal conforms to user requirements and adds value to the customer experience.
- This role is the primary field commercial resource for our Life Science portfolio. The successful candidate must maintain proficiency in SP Scientific portfolio, applications and workflows and keep current on customer, market and competitive trends.
- The position is expected to manage price intelligently - to capture the customer value delivered and maximize margins. It is expected that the Regional Sales (Account) Manager understands regional, portfolio market prices.
- Develop territory forecasts and plans. Maintain the pipeline in CRM – keeping it current.
- Develops and maintains territory coverage plan which allows for coverage of key accounts. Call and visit customers regularly and document visits in CRM. It is expected that multiple “Influencers” will be identified and addressed in the selling process.
- Follow up on all leads provided in a timely basis and document in CRM
- Update CRM noting important contacts, specific interest per contact, projects and equipment located in each.
- Share customer, market experience and competitive information with the Business. Provide reporting and recommendations when required.
- Attend and contribute to the success of shows/exhibitions/conferences as required.
- Support customer factory visits and FAT’s on Production systems as required.
- 80% farming existing accounts, 20% New Business Development.
- Expediently prepares project proposals and quotes based on information provided by the customer, sales reps and engineering. Proposals must reflect the quality expected by SP and its customers
- Records execution of the above accurately in Customer Record Management tool
MOTIVATES & COMMUNICATES:
- Maintains good working relationship with company members, channel partners, and customers.
- Develops superior quality image and communicates that to channel partners and customers.
- Communicates improvements, opportunities, new product ideas, competitive activities, and obstacles on an as needed basis through supervisor and/or marketing department.
PROFESSIONALISM & INTEGRITY:
- As a member of our SP Team, work to enhance a professional and dignified image in all contact and communication with SP Industries’ personnel, channel partners and customers.
- Maintain your professional integrity in all work related situations.
- Continually take steps to develop and improve personal skills and knowledge, beyond what is provided or required.
(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Demonstrated ability to drive sales to achieve territory revenue targets. Consistent track record of sales performance.
- Experience selling equipment to Pharmaceutical, Biotech and/or Research Institutions direct or through channel partners..
- Ability to build rapport and relationships at multiple levels and multiple influencers within an account.
- Displays a high degree of confidence and comfort in representing complex technical solutions.
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication and networking skills
- Proven ability to work in a cross functional manner that drives results.
- Highly motivated, self-directed and able to work independently
- Ability to solve complex problems and overcome obstacles
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
BA, BS degree and a working knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office are required. A valid driver’s license accompanying a good driving record is required. Frequent overnight travel is required to customer sites and SP manufacturing facilities (30%-50%)
- Engineering, Life Sciences, Chemistry degree
- Project management experience
- Experience working within an OEM
LANGUAGE SKILLS – The ability to communicate in both oral and written format is an essential part of this position.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS - The ability to do complex mathematical problems quickly with or without the use of calculators is required.
REASONING ABILITY – The ability to understand, discuss and explain complex scientific and engineering concepts is required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Extensive travel is expected
As a field role, this work is performed in a variety of environments. The ideal candidate will be home based within the NE region of the U.S.A., covering Pa / NJ and NY.