SP is seeking a passionate, driven, and creative Manufacturing Manager to take the Warminster, PA manufacturing team to the next level. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in operations management, project management, supply chain management, experience leading technically complex equipment manufacturing, fabrication/welding/machining, and mechanical/electrical assembly operations. This leader must thrive on challenging the status-quo, and have a passion for designing, leading, and implementing cross-functional process improvements. This leader will have responsibility for leading the manufacturing, planning, manufacturing engineering, and warehouse/logistics teams that support the manufacture of SP’s PennTech product line.
The Manufacturing Manager will lead the team in the achievement of daily production, quality, cost and delivery requirements in support of the business operating plan. The successful candidate will be expected to develop and maintain adequate staffing and capacity plans to support SP’s growing market share. This leader should be able to positively manage a skilled workforce by focusing on talent development and succession planning. Most importantly, this candidate must create a culture that embraces change and focuses on continuous operational improvements that further enhance the customer experience with SP’s products and services.
This leader's primary task will be to inspire the manufacturing, planning, and warehouse and logistics teams to achieve new heights through the use of strengths based management, process improvement, and Lean techniques. This is a full time position within the Operations Department reporting directly to Plant Manager. The Manufacturing Manager will be responsible for the leadership and guidance of the PennTech equipment manufacturing team which specializes in the fabrication, assembly, and test of our vial handling, auto loading, vial washing, and liquid filling line equipment. The role will also cover providing daily guidance to the functional and business support roles including include purchasing, planning, warehouse and logistics, quality, and manufacturing engineering. The Manufacturing Manager will work with the cross functional members of the organization to implement continuous improvement tools, operational metrics, standardization of work flows, demand planning of materials/labor, schedule adherence to commitments, resource allocations, shift sizing, capacity planning and performance reporting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for leading the manufacturing, purchasing, planning, and warehouse/distribution team in the achievement of the overall customer experience for SP’s PennTech branded products.
- Develop business plans, budgets, staffing plans, and forecasts, implements lean manufacturing concepts.
- Direct production and ensure cost effectiveness and consistency with safety, quality accuracy and performance standards.
- Expert "hands on" knowledge of manufacturing process.
- Manage Human Resources issues as needed.
- Continuously review and improve operational productivity.
- Facilitate problem solving within departments and cross functionally.
- Plan, organize and direct plant operations to ensure the Company's Strategic goals are met in a timely, cost effective manner that provides optimum quality, and on-time customer delivery.
- Prepare and submit operating reports to management to inform them of the current production status and make recommendations to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Promote employee engagement and talent development by: reviewing and providing timely feedback to reports regarding their performance; mentoring, developing and motivating them; developing an internal talent pool; helping resolve functional issues in order to achieve targeted performance; creating mid-term and long-term development plans for direct reports; and building transparent, cooperative, trustworthy working environment for the employees.
- Research, evaluate, recommend and implement investments in technology, equipment or systems that will enhance the plant's production capabilities in order to optimize production, improve efficiency and reduce conversion cost.
- Push the improvement of processes through use of Lean tools and by creating and sustaining a continuous improvement environment.
- Review manufacturing methods and develop product/process/system strategies to meet company objectives for quality, cost, responsiveness and growth.
- Ensure EHS compliance by: actively searching for potential risks and mitigate them; making the necessary reports in case of incidences; and implementing corrective and preventive measures in order to ensure the occupational health and safety of employees, as well as compliance with necessary regulations.
- Gain appropriate and necessary outside resources to ensure the annual business plan and planned projects are realized.
- Drive Operational Excellence, Lean tools, best practices and continuous improvement.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Supervisory responsibility includes management of employee performance, hiring, discipline, development and
- Acts as a member of the Operations Leadership team and performs other duties as directed.
- Responsible for creating a high morale workplace with the highest ethical standards.
- Direct supervision and coordination of: Assembly/Fabrication/Machine shop, Supply Chain, Quality, and manufacturing engineering