The Marketing Data Administrator is responsible for managing database structure and content for the product database in support of Sales, Marketing, Portfolio Management and our Customers. This position has the ability to make a difference and have a direct impact on driving sales growth by effectively merchandising, promoting and communicating the value proposition of our products across SP Industries platforms as well as our customer’s portals by providing accurate and complete product data and content.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Daily management of product data system, maintaining overall integrity and quality, ensuring that software is operating properly including backups, synchronization with website, graphics etc.
- Working directly with top distributor partners to proactively populate new or review existing presentation of SP Scienceware product content based on individual distributor requirements, provide new or updated content, and monitor implementation.
- Resolving discrepancies between product data and integration with website orders.
- Working with brand and Portfolio Managers to update/add products and make changes to database structure to support product content goals across internal and external platforms.
- Working cross functionally to educate, train and support users on data standards, relevant usage procedures and provide exports of data in a timely manner.
- Working with outside vendors and internal IT support personnel to troubleshoot and resolve application and database related problems as well as software vendor to ensure that all software updates are properly installed and rolled out.
- Establishing and adhering data quality standards
- Developing and reporting relevant metrics on use and impact of Product Data system
- Providing monthly reports on traffic and sales for the website
- Proofreading marketing materials to ensure accuracy to current product data
- Work cooperatively to update and maintain procedures pertaining to the processes and policies for validation and use of data contained within the Content Management System
- Consistent and predictable attendance
- Understands and complies with all company rules and regulations
TALENTS and/or EXPERIENCE
- 2+ years’ experience
- Analytical skills; collect and analyze information, problem-solve, and make assumptions based on available data.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills: test websites or areas of websites, including, "testing to break", troubleshoot anomalies that may appear on website after updates are made and articulate any anomalies in a clear, concise, linear manner
- Strong written and oral communication skills; ability to communicate across the organization as well as with outside agencies.
- Organizational skills: gathering, organizing and disseminating data clearly and concisely; tracking and validation of work process and completion.
- HTML knowledge a plus.
- Ability to multitask and meet multiple deadlines and priorities.
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office with strong and advanced Excel skills, database management.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, and REGISTRATIONS
- Four year college degree in marketing, database management, or information technology
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
Work is normally performed in both a typical interior/office environment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk and is frequently is required to sit; use both hands; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.