SP Industries is seeking a highly motivated Project Manager with experience leading multiple technology, product, and/or continuous improvement projects consisting of cross functional core teams with sizes ranging from 5-10 professional staffs and budgets up to $10M. The successful candidate will work with internal and external customers, be responsible for project charter, project planning, project work, project controlling, and project closing. This candidate will have responsibility of all aspects of project performance, related to scope, schedule, and budget, including risk mitigation, variance recovery, engagement of core teams, and most importantly customer satisfaction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Must be capable of leading project charter, planning, work, controlling, and closures.
- Must be capable of leading, facilitating, developing, and maintaining project scope, schedule, budgets, quality, communications, risks and stakeholders
- Lead project scope lock, and maintenance throughout a project life cycle
- Lead, create, and maintain project schedule(s) and resource budgets
- Lead, develop project risks analysis, and develop mitigation plans
- Create, execute communication plan to internal and external stakeholders
- Must be able to deliver and maintain:
- Operating Plan
- Project Plan (detailed work breakdown structure, balanced input/output, and constraint analysis)
- Quality Plan
- Risk Management Plan
- Resource Utilization Plan
- Communication Plan
- Responsible for project performance (scope, schedule, and budget), including the identification of risk, mitigation of risk, variance recovery, and customer satisfaction. Must be able to exceed/meet budgetary objectives and make adjustments to constraints.
- Must be able to lead and influence in a matrix organization, including holding accountability and maintain team engagement. Delegate project tasks and deliverables to maximize skills and experience levels
- Able to analyze customer/project requirements and facilitate the cascade of information to core team members (process, design, business, etc). Clarify requirements and design features as needed.
- Effectively communicate, internally and externally to an audience ranging from senior level executives, to shop floor employees.
- Effectively work with engineering, administrative, financial, and operational teams to identify and implement best practices
- Able to work with advance development and/or opportunity team to create budgetary quotes
- Travel is required as needed. Targeting < 10%
Qualifications: Education, Experience, and Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Education and Experience
- Minimum bachelor of science degree. Masters of Science or MBA preferred
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a project manager leading technology development, product, or continuous improvement projects. Greater than 5 years preferred.
- PMP or PMI certification preferred. Familiarity with static, dynamic, agile, and scrum project management processes
- Working knowledge of common project management tools such as SmartSheet, Microsoft Project, EZ Project, etc
- Working knowledge/familiarity with MES, ERP, MRP systems
- Working knowledge engineering (mechanical, electrical, controls – dimensioning, tolerance, schematics, etc) and production (assembly, fabrication, machining, electrical, etc) practices
- Experience with engineering to order products, preferably freeze dryers (pressure vessels, refrigeration, etc) or automation equipment is highly desirable
- Experience working in a regulated industry such as pharmaceutical and/or medical device industry is preferred. Familiarity with GMP
- Advanced time management and analytic experience preferred. Structured problem solving is a plus.
- A working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite software package in such programs as Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, and Project.
If you're having issues applying through your mobile device, please click here to apply:
We're Hiring! Click here to review our careers...