Field Service Engineer – Remote
SP Industries is seeking to expand and strengthen our Field Service Team. We have numerous openings for highly motivated and talented Field Service Engineers. Now is a great time to join our company as we are actively engaged in supporting the fight against the COVID-19.
As a Field Service Engineer, you will provide field maintenance, installation and servicing for our range of Scientific, Laboratory and Pharmaceutical equipment. The Field Service Engineer will be customer focused and process driven and will be responsible for operating across a territory.
Responsibilities: (What you will do)
- Installation of equipment at new and existing customers for both commercial and clinical sites.
- Perform onsite service for emergency calls and scheduled maintenance.
- Perform improvements to increase instrument performance and reliability.
- Complete and submit all required documentation in a timely and professional manner.
- Support training and implementation plan with the customer and field team.
- Work cross functionally within the organization to meet customer expectations.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose equipment failures through log analysis and service software.
- Follow standard practices and procedures as outlined in service documentation.
- Escalate customer issues and unresolved product issues to Service management.
- Accurately manage service spare parts inventory.
- Responsible for ensuring customer satisfaction through exemplary service.
- Effectively communicate with Sales and Service management.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by your manager or the company.
Requirements: (What you need to be successful at SP)
- 2-5 years working as a Field Service Engineer (servicing Medical or Instrumentation highly preferred)
- Candidates with HVAC experience & certification will be considered.
- Refrigerant experience would be Ideal.
- BS in a related engineering or medical field OR 5 yrs. equivalent experience.
- Candidates should ideally reside in one of the following states: NY, CA, DE, MN, NJ, PA, MA, NH and reside close to local airport or Major Airport hub.
- Willingness to travel up to 90% within the assigned region and the potential for occasional international travel.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Laboratory instrumentation and automation experience preferred.
- Experience repairing electro-mechanical systems and troubleshooting.
- Ability to read circuit diagrams.
- Committed to quality with excellent attention to detail.
- Experience with Field Service Management or other Field service scheduling software ideal.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and diplomacy skills.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Able to work under own initiative.
- Ability to work in a team environment
Work Environment (What you can expect)
- Work environment is 90% in the field at customer facilities (including potential international)
- Field work is often around near medium/heavy construction and/or cleanroom environments
- Internal manufacturing floor contains mobile equipment, machinery, steam, high voltages, welding
- Noise levels can vary and hearing protection may be required in some areas
- Must be able to work multiple/varying shifts to support business needs
Physical Demands: (Must be physically able to)
- The employee is regularly required to lift up to 50 pounds.
- The employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- The employee is regularly required to use color vision and adjust focus between near and far objects.
- The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, climb, crawl, bend and sit.
- The employee is occasionally required to work from ladders, scaffolds, and lifts.
- Some work is performed in tight spaces with difficult access.
- The employee is regularly required to handle tools utilizing various energy sources- low and high voltage, pneumatic, hydraulic -of low to high power
SP Culture: (Why join us)
As we continue to grow and provide leading edge products to our customers, we understand hiring the right people and treating them well is critical to our success. There are many exciting reasons to join the SP Team.
- We provide a wide range of innovative and high quality scientific products that improve people lives
- We are customer-focused and value our team’s expertise.
- We respect each other and foster a collaboration work environment.
- We innovate and are open to change.
- We are responsible and accountable and act with integrity.
- WE LIKE WHAT WE DO
SP Industries offers: (What’s in it for you)
We are proud to provide a comprehensive benefits program focused on your total well-being.
- Competitive compensation package
- A robust health and welfare benefits package that includes: Life, Health, Dental, Vision
- The opportunity to plan for the future with a strong 401(K) including company match!
- Time to recharge with Paid Time Off annually + Paid Holidays
- Travel Reimbursement & Auto Allowance
- Career Advancement opportunities and Tuition Assistance to help you achieve your goals and continue your career growth.