SP Industries is seeking a Cost Estimator to collect and analyze data needed to accurately prepare bid proposals; estimating the time, materials and labor required to manufacture Commercial Freeze Dryer and Fill/Finish equipment under the supervision of the Plant Manager. Familiarity with setting standards on CTO and ETO products, as well as the practices and procedures within this particular field are needed to improve overall quote accuracy. Which in turn improves our customer’s experience and our internal execution of projects post business award.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Handle bid proposals, including cost estimation by using historical, production, supply chain and commercial input to win business.
- Develop timely and accurate scopes of work for the build and refurbishment of production and laboratory equipment.
- Collaborate with Sales, Manufacturing, Purchasing, and the Scheduling teams to ensure accurate cost and delivery schedules are identified
- Identify standard methodologies for continuous improvement principles in the daily work processes to improve efficiency and cost-effectiveness
- Review project costs and delivery commitments on a regular basis in order to improve quote accuracy
- Conduct Post Mortems with Project Manager to continually improve quote accuracy.
- Leverage commercial input from Business team to achieve optimal project performance and ensure alignment across SP Scientific businesses
- Follow established departmental policies, procedures, objectives, and safety.
- Other duties may be assigned.
MOTIVATES & COMMUNICATES
- Maintains good working relationship with company members, channel partners, and customers.
- Communicates improvement opportunities through supervisor.
PROFESSIONALISM & INTEGRITY
- Work to enhance a professional and dignified image in all contact and communication with SP Industries' personnel, channel partners and customers.
- Maintain professional integrity in all work-related situations.
- Continually takes steps to develop and improve personal skills and knowledge, beyond what is provided or required.
- Industrial and/or mechanical related experience in Commercial Freeze Dryer / Fill – Finish markets desired.
- Strong Data Analytical Skills; experience in finding / exporting data from ERP systems preferred
- Strong mathematical and organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple deadlines
- Ability to work with a team and across departments.
- Proficiency in MS Office – Word and Excel required, as a minimum.
- Excellent communication skills.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Industrial or Mechanical Engineering Degree
- Cost estimating knowledge quoting for capital eqipment
- Experience with Aseptic machinery, Refrigeration, HVAC, metal fabrication and welding techniques preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English; proficiency in Spanish is plus.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Remain seated for long periods.
- Use hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools or controls.
- See details of objects that are less than a few feet away.
- Speak clearly so listeners can understand.
- Focus on one source of sound and ignore others.
- Physical ability – may be required to lift up to 25 pounds.
Work shall be performed in an equipment-manufacturing work environment, as well as a typical office environment.