This role will set up and manage a PMO at SP Industries. Through understanding our key project management and business processes, this role will formally establish and improve the method of successfully managing projects within this organization. Includes establishing the Project Management Office disciplines, processes, methodologies, tools, communication protocol, roles/responsibilities, and reporting for various types of projects. This role will assess the current projects underway and key issues to ensure resolution and clear path forward as needed. Role reports to Human Resources, but ultimately has accountibility to the Executive Leadership Team Project Steering Committee
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Setting up PMO priciples and overall methodology, including broader roles/responsibilities of project teams
- Implement and training organization personnel on the above
- Evaluations of current project status and recommendations on moving forward
- Ensure projects are delivered successfully and up to SP Customer expectations
- Monitoring day-to-day project management and ensuring projects are on schedule and within budget
- Manages the delivery of a portfolio of projects and provide motivation and leadership to all staff
- Oversee the coordination and completion of all aspects assigned projects
- Identifies and implements KPI measurements to bring out great performance on delivery
- Ensure the implementation of project methodologies are in place by overseeing the training and coaching program
- Establishes remediation programs for anything off track
TALENTS and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 8 years in a project management leadership role
- PMP or other certification is desired
- Experience working with projects in a manufacturing environment a must, with capital equipment experience desireable
- Must be computer literate; MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Self-motivated to ensure excellent work deliverables
- Must be detail oriented, and posses the ability to learn and relate to technical services
- Must be proactive and function well as a problem solver
- Ability to handle multiple priorities a must.
- Must possess good organizational and communication skills
- Must be a team player
- Ability to travel (10% or less).
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, and REGISTRATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent number of year of experience.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
Work is normally performed in both a typical interior/office environment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk and is frequently is required to sit; use both hands; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.