The Fabrication Supervisor is responsible for overseeing and supervising the day-to-day operations of the Fabrication Department. The Fabrication Supervisor will also be expected to perform complex, quality plastic fabrication as well as assisting and training of department staff with plastic fabrication.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Supervise the staff of Fabricators and General Factory workers.
- Schedule work for the department; keep production, inventory and raw material records and order materials as needed; review bills of material on job orders.
- Enter job order information into system for daily production.
- Capable of laying out materials required for cutting, drilling, welding, tools and equipment for any operations.
- Read and understand drawings, bill of materials, job order requirements.
- Use various types of Saws (table, panel, and band); Drill Press and Router.
- Provide assistance and guidance to department staff with fabricating welded items ensuring quality work is performed.
- Consistent and predictable attendance
- Understands and complies with all company rules and regulations
- Work safely at all times and also encourage co-workers to follow all safety procedures and policies.
- Knowledge and experience to perform complete quality inspection of products fabricated.
TALENTS and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 5 years working in a manufacturing facility with a preference working in a plastic fabrication department.
- Good math skills.
- Must be able to read and understand advanced blueprints and sketches.
- Must be able to set up tools (drills, CNC router, chamfer machine, drill press, table saw, jointer and bandsaw); pull up various programs and run CNC Router.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, and REGISTRATIONS
- HS Diploma required , Technical School preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
Work is normally performed in a climate controlled factory environment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk and is frequently is required to stand; use both hands; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. Heavy lifting is involved (up to 50 lbs.)
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus