SP Industries is seeking a knowledgeable, driven, and creative Production Manager. A strong background in manufacturing, Project management, continuous improvement, measurement, and process improvement is essential as well as being an excellent Manager and Leader. Experience with capital equipment ranging from $150,000 - $2,000,000. This leader must be a self-starter, able to communicate with people regardless of background, education or job title. Able to address the difficult and the challenging and have the competency to make the complicated simple.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Lead the team in the manufacturing of quality products to ensure a quality product is delivered on time to specification at or below budget.
- Analyzes and assign work orders and production schedules to determine operational priorities to process material, fabrication, assembly and testing of components, subassemblies and complete assemblies within the lead times and budget.
- Ensure that revenue is met or exceeded by applying work time effectively to revenue generating projects that follow the Percent of Completion (POC) account method for capital equipment and to maintain a high utilization of the work force.
- Ensure the appropriate level of accountability for respective processes and objectives at the lead level. Plan and monitor capacity optimization for all manufacturing process. Monitor and take appropriate timely improvement actions to meet production objectives. Facilitate team leader workflow, and team members' placement to ensure the facility and company goals are successfully met or exceeded.
- Implement controls and monitor required resources to achieve established schedules.
- Conduct, lead, or implement the appropriate process audits including 5S; the audits will identify the need for the appropriate containment, corrective, and preventive actions, leading to minimizing or eliminating process deviations and non-conforming product root causes.
- Maintain adherence to company policies, safety standards, and good housekeeping practices and 5S.
- Foster an atmosphere of employee involvement and continuous improvement in all areas of responsibility.
- Review manufacturing methods and develop product/process/ system strategies to meet company objectives for quality, cost, responsiveness and growth.
- Utilize problem solving techniques, teamwork building strategies, process control, and continuous process improvement tools to meet or exceed the facility key operating metrics.
- Act as a member of the supervisory team and perform other duties as required.
- Oversees production activities and personnel within the designated area of responsibility.
- Coach and provide technical expertise to resolve processing issues and create corrective actions with appropriate follow through plans.
- Implement job related training for employees and facilitate cross functional training with other manufacturing areas.
- Repair and maintenance of machinery and facility.
TALENTS and/or EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrated motivational and leadership skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Effective human relations and negotiation skills
- Strong organization and project management skills
- Minimum 7 years' experience in Manufacturing Operations
- Minimum 10 year's supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment
- ISO-9000:2015, procedures, work instructions, Process, and Process measures.
- Microsoft Office
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, and REGISTRATIONS
- College Degree in an Engineering field preferably Mechanical, Aerospace or Industrial
- Knowledge of Operations Management and modern manufacturing/quality methods/systems
- Lean, Six Sigma, 5S, or DMAIC experience.
- Management and Leadership
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk and is frequently is required to sit; use both hands; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, bend and sit.
- The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.