Oversee the SP Industries portfolio of business applications including, but not limited to, ERP, EDI, Quality, EH&S, HRIS, and Manufacturing systems. Directs the work of the Business Applications Team. Builds strong relationships with the management and user community, develop overall plan to deal with user-community expectations as it relates to business systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee quality, availability, effectiveness and support of business applications and related bolt-on software
- Recommend and lead strategic direction pertaining to SP business systems
- Build and maintain business and personal relationships with functional business leaders and internal customers in all business areas and within IT organization
- Develop and maintain understanding of business processes, business data, industry standards and regulatory requirements for business areas
- Monitor industry trends, customer trends and external developments that may impact business functions
- Oversee, lead, support and participate in multiple projects to ensure that user expectations are being met
- Use project management techniques to plan, manage and communicate project activity, project status, project budgets and project costs
- Organize and prioritize business systems development work effectively to meet key milestones and business objectives
- Develop team work plans, assignments, resource plans and staffing requirements
- Provides strong leadership for the team
- Ensure timely management of incidents from user community
- Source and manage contractors and consultants
- Participate in the development, enhancement and management of internal IT processes, methods, standards and tools
- Ensure compliance with development, quality and operational standards and methodologies, including change management and audit requirements
- Other duties as assigned
- Provides leadership and direction for the team
- Oversee and manages the work of the business systems team
- Assigns projects and task work
- Handles annual performance evaluations and goals for the team
- Strong communication skills. Adept at oral communication, listening, interpersonal, and written communication skills.
- Inclination to share knowledge. Continually educate and update the SP Industries business functions and IT departments
- Busy Savviness. Ability to speak in business terms translating technical concepts into business terminology.
- Service Mindset. Excellent customer service skills, real-time communication, simplify complexity in communication.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- BS. or equivalent work experience
- 10-15 years business applications or related work experience required
- Ability to analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, and technical procedures.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from all levels of the company’s user base.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems, think logically and creatively, follow established procedures, with the commitment to see the problem through to resolution.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Strong ability to prioritize a workload with multiple tasks/demands and displays a professional competence to achieve completion of assigned tasks within specified time periods with a high degree of accuracy.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.